Sheathed thermocouples, also known as sheathed thermocouples, are used in various industries and applications where precise temperature measurements are required. This type of thermocouple consists of two different metallic conductors that are connected together at one end and open at their other end. The open ends are placed at the location where the temperature is to be measured.
These are some typical application examples for sheath thermocouples:
- Industrial process control: In industrial plants, such as chemical, petrochemical and refinery processes, mineral-insulated thermocouples are used to monitor and control the temperature in vessels, piping, reactors and other process equipment.
- Furnace and melting technology: In furnaces, melting furnaces, glass furnaces, high-temperature furnaces and other heat treatment plants, mineral-insulated thermocouples are used for accurate temperature measurement to monitor the melting and solidification process.
- Food industry: Sheath thermocouples are used in food processing and manufacturing to ensure that food is cooked, baked or cooled at specific temperatures to ensure product safety and quality.
- Medical applications: Sheath thermocouples are used in medical equipment such as incubators, sterilizers and autoclaves to monitor temperature during sterilization and other medical processes.
- Research and development: Mineral-insulated thermocouples are used in laboratories and research facilities to make accurate temperature measurements during experiments and research work.
- Power Generation: In power plants, both thermal and nuclear, sheath thermocouples are used to monitor the temperature in various parts of the plant to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Aerospace: In the aerospace industry, sheath thermocouples are used in the monitoring of engines, thermal protection systems and other critical components.
- Environmental monitoring: Sheath thermocouples are used in environmental monitoring systems to measure temperature in various environments such as water, soil and atmosphere.
ThermoExpert° Deutschland GmbH, with its managing directors Heiko Gevert and Andreas Helf, has been a partner of all these industries and of research for many years. The range of applications for thermocouples is almost unlimited - and so is the wealth of ideas for getting customers where they want to go.